Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Weekend of Awesome

(Every vacation now officially needs a title, so say I).

Anyway, I went to UTAH this past weekend, as many of you probably know. It was a ton of fun and I'm so glad I went. Despite that, I don't know how I can condense so much into a single story, so I'm just going to list off events and add to them later if necessary!

Getting to the airport with a meager two hours to spare
Watching Dr. Horrible in the airport
Watching nuns in the airport
Watching random people walk by in the airport
Getting on the plane with a "personal item" that's really a separate carry-on
Arriving in Utah during a rainstorm and realizing I didn't have a sweater
Hugging Becky in the rain
Getting totally lost over and over in SLC
Seeing Dana's house
Listening to "Boom Boom Pow" during a traffic jam
Starving during a traffic jam
Eating all your Mexican food in 3 minutes flat
Running to an opera with salsa on your shirt
Walking into a room full of praying nuns (more nuns?!)
Watching Dana get hit on by an opera singer
Being surprised by people and hugging everyone at the Elms (Favorite moment #1)
Seeing old roommates!
Waking up way too early to go to the temple with Adam and Kyla Sue
Waking up Dana because I was bored
Getting an omlette from the Cougareat because Taco Bell was under construction! Grr!
Ambushing Krista on rape hill in broad daylight
Wandering around with Dana
Seeing Catherine and her roommate
Stealing Catherine's starburst candies!
Eating lunch with a bunch of friends
Learning there are 50 cent frosties at Wendy's
Giving Heeje increasinly-goofy pieces of clothing to wear at DI
Getting the same pants as Adam at DI
Going to the Decades Dance (Favorite moment #2)
Investigating the church building before the dance started
Singing to Hairspray at the dance
Everyone yelling to bleep out the cuss word in "You Can't Stop the Beat"
Dancing in the rain
Meeting Sarah Decker (she's cool)
Talking about how much we like Sarah after she leaves the room
Katie Willard running after Sarah to tell her that we like her
Wandering around north of campus and luckily finding Jenessa's apartment
Talking with Jenessa and Hilary
Stopping at Hogi-Yogi with Starla
Meeting Brian's family and eating their food
Stealing some food for the road
Driving the one-way street to the SLC temple
Doing baptisms in the SLC temple
Walking to Panda Express
Walking back from Panda Express in another rainstorm
Seeing the rainbow end at the top of the SWKT
Watching Soylent Green and eating a bunch of junk food
Hushing anyone who ruined the last line of the movie
Playing art go fish and totally losing because I showed my cards at the beginning
Failing at holding Rachel Morrison's hand :(
Going to Adam and Brian's awesome Sunday School lesson
Sitting with a bunch of friends in a weird church. Just like old times.
Talking about comfy shoes on the way back from church
EATING after church (no breakfast)
Waiting for Adam to wake up so I could mooch off his Hamburger Helper
Changing the rules to Blokus, much to Adam's dismay (no Hamburger Helper by the way)
Cooking a frittata in a pan that probably shouldn't have gone in the oven
Seeing Emily in the alley and doing a double-take
Seeing John Bytheway at a fireside
Laughing about a million things (candy, the parking lot) after leaving
Meeting Becky's family and eating their food (I ate a lot of food this trip)
Singing great harmony on the way back to Provo
Singing horrible gospel music in Provo (Favorite memory #3)
Saying goodbye (a lot easier than before)
Talking late at night about all sorts of random junk (Favorite memory #4)
Getting 4 hours of sleep, getting up early, and getting out of Provo
Flying away
Falling asleep on the plane (just like last time I left Provo!!)

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment