I found a recipe for a kohlrabi and corn mixture that sounded like Indian food, so I thought I'd try my hand at making it. Problem is... I didn't have any white vinegar... or green chilies... but despite the fact that these two ingredients were the backbones of the entire recipe, I decided to make it up as I went. Well... beef stock is liquid... and so is vinegar. Oops! Forgot a step? Do it separately and add it (which resulted in hot oil popping and getting all over me and the oven)! No measuring spoons? Eyeball it!
When my dad came into the kitchen to ask what I was cooking, I honestly had to say that I had no idea. Similarly, I don't know how to describe its flavor... it was really acidic... The resulting mess:

I'm eating the concoction right now... I hate to waste food... but an ice cream sandwich would taste SO much better right now... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment